Terms & Conditions
These terms and conditions apply to all transactions or orders placed with Bofred (Pty) Ltd, whether online, through the website order page, via email, in person, or any other form. By placing an order with Bofred, you agree that these terms are binding on you without qualification or exception. You acknowledge having read, understood and accepted these terms. If you disagree with these terms, please refrain from placing an order with Bofred.
For additional information on our designs and products, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We regularly introduce new products, so visit our website or sign up for our newsletter to stay updated. If you wish to view items in our Cape Town showroom, please contact us to schedule an appointment.
While Bofred strives for accurate representation, variations in colour due to computer monitor differences are possible. Bofred can not guarantee that the quality of our products, services, information, or other materials you purchase or obtain will meet your expectations. Bofred reserves the right to limit sales by person, region, or jurisdiction. Product descriptions and pricing may change without notice, and we may discontinue products at anytime.
Handmade products are unique, and slight variations from the advertised image are inherent. Choosing a handmade piece implies acceptance of potential material differences. Bofred supports local artisans, resulting in individuality in each design. Minor imperfections in handmade products should not warrant rejection or returns, as they contribute to the uniqueness of each item. If you are considering one of our handmade pieces but are concerned or unsure about the possible material differences, we will be happy to talk you through the materials used and some of their natural characteristics to assist you in making your final decision.
Place orders using the relevant product page and enquiry order form, specifying product name, colour, quantity, and delivery details. Custom designs require written confirmation of all details before processing. For custom design inquiries, contact us at email@example.com.
We accept PayPal, credit cards, and EFTs. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required to secure orders. Full payment is necessary before dispatch or collection. International orders necessitate full payment before processing. We will include full payment details on
the final invoice.
Bofred's designer discount cannot be exchanged for cash. We reserve the right to adjust the list of items not eligible for the trade discount at our discretion, with any changes communicated through updated Terms & Conditions online. This program is exclusively for interior designers, decorators, architects, real estate developers, investors, owners, and purchasing agents based in South Africa. To qualify, complete the online form and provide the necessary information. Incomplete applications will not be accepted, and trade discount determinations are solely at our discretion. The trade discount is non-transferable and is only for individual designers. If your firm has multiple designers, please re-apply. Misuse, such as using the discount for personal purchases, reselling discounted items, reimbursing the discount upon return, sharing it, or providing false information, may result in immediate termination from the benefit.
The Bofred team will keep you updated on the progress of your order and the estimated delivery date. All production times are on the relevant product pages, but please allow for a minimum of 6 weeks of manufacturing lead time. Bofred will try our best to ensure that the order is completed within the estimated lead time. However, lead times are subject to fluctuation and are dependent on various external factors. Therefore, Bofred cannot be held responsible for production delays. Lead times for custom orders can differ and will be confirmed when we submit a final estimate and design to the Client.
Courier costs are not included in the retail price and are determined based on product size, weight, and destination. Your order will be dispatched once manufacturing is complete and full payment is received. We'll notify you when your item is ready for dispatch, providing the estimated delivery date and time. Please allow two to three working days for nationwide deliveries. Accurate information, including your address, name, and contact details, is essential for a successful delivery.
Bofred uses reputable couriers, but we are not responsible for loss or damage post-handover via third-party courier or collection. We track orders until delivery confirmation.
You are welcome to collect your order directly or arrange collection from our Cape Town showroom. Please let us know If you need packaging dimensions or details about collection days to coordinate with your courier. It’s important to note that for international clients organising collections, an additional international packaging fee will be added to your invoice to ensure the secure handling of your order during transit.
For international orders, shipping costs are calculated based on product size, weight, and destination. Once manufacturing is complete and full payment is received, your order will be dispatched, and we will notify you of the estimated delivery date. Please allow a minimum of ten working days for international deliveries. Customs and import duties are the responsibility of the buyer. Accurate information, including your address, name, and contact details, is essential for a successful delivery. We strongly advise including two phone numbers in your account details, which will be noted on the waybill and will give the authorities in your country of residence the opportunity to contact you swiftly. Our Courier Terms state an allowance of 5 working days before return to origin. Bofred will not be held liable for breach of these terms and costs on return shipments. Bofred will not be held liable for incorrect shipping and contact details. Bofred uses reputable shipping agents, but we are not responsible for loss or damage post-handover via third-party courier or collection.
DAMAGE AND LIABILITY DURING DELIVERY
Unless specified in writing, third-party deliveries are not insured. Bofred may repair minor damages during delivery. If clients inspect their order immediately upon receiving it and find it defective or damaged, or if you have received the wrong item, please get in touch with us within 24 hours to report the issue for evaluation. Once Bofred has been notified via email with photographic evidence of the damage to the protective wrapping (before removing or discarding the wrapping) and Photographic evidence of the damaged goods. Please ensure that items are securely wrapped in their original packaging before the scheduled return collection. Failure to follow these steps voids liability.
RETURNS & EXCHANGES
All Bofred designs are manufactured on a made-to-order basis. Please note the following return and exchange policy:
- Non-defective, custom-made products are non-returnable, explicitly crafted to your order and design preferences.
- Please get in touch with us if you wish to discuss concerns or initiate a return or exchange. We will work with you to find a suitable resolution based on your circumstances.
- The item must meet specific eligibility criteria for returns or exchanges at Bofred's discretion.
- The item must be in the same condition as received—unused, with tags, and in its original packaging.
- The item must be wrapped in its original packaging or adequately packaged to protect the Goods sufficiently during return transportation.
- Bofred will carefully examine returned products within three business days.
- Defective products may qualify for repair, replacement, or a refund, with compensation for reasonable delivery costs.
- If the product(s) is found NOT to be defective, the Client will NOT be entitled to any repair, replacement or refund and will be liable for the costs incurred by Bofred having such product(s) redelivered to the Client. Including any incidental charges or fees that may be applicable, such as packaging and insurance costs. The Client agrees to make payment of any such amounts due before dispatch.
Refund Or Exchange
- If repair or exchange of the defective product is not possible, Bofred will credit your account or refund you (at your option) the purchase price of the defective product. Credits and refunds are generally processed within 8 (eight) days of logging the return. Repairs and replacements may take longer, depending on the availability of parts and replacements.
The following will not be regarded as defects and will not entitle you to return/refund:
- Damage resulting from normal wear and tear of the product - Damage arising from negligence, user abuse or incorrect usage of the product -
- Damage resulting from electrical surges or sea air corrosion Damage caused by a failure to care for the product adequately (as determined in Bofred's sole discretion)
- Damage resulting from alterations to the product; and where the specifications of a product, although accurately described on the website and fit for its intended purpose, do not suit you. -
- Variation of colour or texture from product to product, resulting from using materials which may have natural flaws and natural variances, including materials such as wood, brass, stone ,leather or marble. -
- Non-defective products that have been custom made whereby nature of being handmade and natural materials, have cracks, repair marks and imperfections, which are a fundamental element of the product and which add to the intrinsic value of the Goods, will NOT be considered to be a defect
- A product which has not been correctly maintained (as determined in Bofred's sole discretion), including but not limited to Goods such as outdoor furniture that has not been regularly oiled to protect it from extreme weather conditions or non-adherence to any other maintenance guidelines as set out in Bofred's furniture care manuals. -
Suppose the Client cancels a custom or made-to-order product after its production. In that case, a 50% deposit payment will be forfeited as a reasonable cancellation penalty, acknowledged by the Client. This right doesn't apply to the "Cooling-Off Period" under the Consumer Protection Act, allowing consumers a 5-day period after direct marketing orders.
If the Client cancels an order before production begins, Bofred may charge a reasonable cancellation penalty, including a 5% administrative fee of the total item value. The remaining deposit will be refunded to the Client.
We provide a six-month warranty period to repair or replace any defective goods. Products claimed to be defective must be exchanged within this six-month period. To initiate the process, please email us all details, including an image of the defective item. Upon assessment, Bofred will arrange to collect the item at no charge. We will either replace the defective product free of cost or issue a monetary refund for the purchase price. Ensure proper packaging to prevent damage during transit, as our courier may refuse collection of inadequately packaged products.
The following instances will not be considered defects and will not entitle you to a return or refund:
- Normal wear and tear
- Damage during transit
- Damage due to negligence, user abuse, or incorrect usage
- Damage from electrical surges or sea air corrosion
- Damage caused by inadequate care
- Damage resulting from alterations to the product
- Instances where product specifications, accurately described on the website and suitable for their intended purpose, do not meet your personal preferences.
Certain items, including ceramics, art, prints, custom orders, and sale items, are final sales and not eligible for refunds or exchanges.
USE OF GOODS
Goods can be used for personal or commercial purposes. Clients should understand the terms and make users aware of them. While Bofred aims for quality, its products aren't specifically tested for commercial or public use. Bofred doesn't guarantee their suitability for such environments.
Bofred isn't responsible for damage or injury in the product's environment. Clients should regularly inspect for damage and discontinue use if signs are present.
Regular maintenance is advised to prevent damage. Bofred uses durable solid wood, but natural products may develop imperfections over time. Bofred assures no structural defects at the time of production.
Clients should be aware that certain climatic conditions, for example, air-conditioning, may cause timber to crack. Imperfections may appear in materials and finishes over time.
If the Client transfers goods to a third party, they must inform the third party about this agreement's use and care terms.
Bofred excludes, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any liability which may arise due to the use of this website or its content. Where liability cannot be excluded, any liability incurred by Bofred concerning the usage of this website or the content is limited as provided under the South African Consumer Law.
Bofred will not be held responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by the usage of, or reliance on, any content, goods or services available on an external site. Any concerns regarding any external link should be directed to its responsible site administrator or web admin.
All of the content seen on this website, including, for example, all of the page headers, images, illustrations, graphics, audio clips, video clips, and text, are subject to trademark, service mark, trade dress, copyright and other intellectual property rights or licenses held by Bofred, one of its affiliates or third parties who have licensed their materials to Bofred.
Bofred grants the user permission to view the site electronically copy and print in hard copy portions for the sole purpose of browsing the site for the user's personal use only. Any other use of materials on the site, including reproduction for purposes other than those noted above, modification, distribution or reproduction, without the prior written consent of Bofred and the lawful trademark and/or copyright owner (if applicable) is strictly prohibited and constitutes an unlawful infringement of the intellectual property rights of Bofred and/or such trademark and/or copyright owner.
The Client acknowledges that copyright, design, trademarks and all intellectual property rights in the Goods (whether custom made to order by the Client or not) and the business name and trading style of BOFRED vests solely in BOFRED and that no rights of any kind in the BOFRED IP including but not limited, the right of licence, are granted to the Client or any other party. The Client further undertakes to BOFRED that it/she/he will in no way, whether directly or indirectly in any capacity, replicate, reproduce, or misuse any of the BOFRED IP or cause or permit any other person to do any of the preceding. We may own intellectual property rights in our goods, and you may not use those rights without our permission. We may prosecute you for any violations of our proprietary rights.
All the provisions of these Terms shall be governed by and construed by the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Furthermore, the parties to these Terms now irrevocably and unconditionally consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Republic of South Africa courts regarding all matters arising from these Terms.
Bofred shall not be liable for any loss suffered by you, or any other person, arising out of delay in, or prevention of, the performance of Bofred's obligations due to any cause, the adverse effects of which Bofred could not reasonably and practicably avoid in the ordinary conduct of Bofred's business. This shall include, but not be limited to, acts of God, natural disasters, electricity outages, water interruptions and shortages, and the like.